Thursday, February 25, 2010

Ya gotta start somewhere


Cooking doesn't just feed me. It fuels me. It's my tension release and my creative outlet. I'm blessed to have a job where I work with chefs and other foodies nearly all day long. And it's still not enough.

I'm starting this blog mostly to help organize my thoughts and efforts in the kitchen. I figure I've got hundreds of recipes in my "recipe box" at sites across the world wide web, and dozens more clippings of things I'd like to try stuffed in folders everywhere in my house. And the piles of magazines. You get the picture.

This is my attempt to create one inspirational clearinghouse. If you get some great ideas and make connections along the way, so much the better. That's what food is all about, after all. Bringing people together.

So here's where I begin. With some shrimp and asparagus pasta I quickly made for a special lunch at my house. You can see I had eaten most of it before I remembered to take a picture.

3 comments:

  1. Mark - It all looks really good and tasty! Congratulations on starting your food Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the blog! Can you please make something with Chorizo??

    ReplyDelete