Sunday, March 14, 2010

Why do I crave really good vinegar these days?


Ever since I finally got over the pure nausea my cancer (NonHodgkins Lymphoma, diagnosed October 09, in remission) gave me any time I even though about food, I have these incredible cravings.  Stronger...much stronger...than I've ever had before in my life.

Lately I've been hot for really good balsamic vinegar.  So last night's dinner was a Garlic Balsalmic Glazed Baked Salmon with Brown Rice and Sauteed Vegetables.

As usual, I borrowed and modified a recipe from allrecipes.com.

Sautee a couple of cloves of garlic in olive oil and butter just until they soften.  Add...
1 heaping T horseradish mustard
1T white wine
1T honey
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar

Stir and let cook for 3-5 minutes just to thicken it up a little.  Cool and pour on the salmon filets as a maranade.  Refrigerate 1 hour.  Bake 15-20 minutes at 400 degrees until the fish is flaky.

Perfect.  And easy.  Which salmon usually is.  Now I just need to get creative and venture on to other fish to expand my seafood repetoire.

2 comments:

  1. Yum! Wish I could get my Better Half to eat fish. Loves me some salmon and, yes, balsamic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn man were you a gourmet cook in a past life?

    ReplyDelete